Saturday 27 October 2012

Winter protection....


Any doubt left as to whether summer was over was definitely eliminated this morning!

 Although we've not had a long scorching summer here in the UK for some time now, you still get used to not having to wear those heavy winter coats and gloves. And then all of a sudden, you’re rudely reminded that this is the UK where you’re guaranteed unpredictable weather. 


Anyway, winter is here, and is probably here to stay for a while.


So my winter beauty regime starts.

 Well, I say beauty regime, it’d  more accurate to say:

 ‘So my  daily slapping on of moisturisers begins’! 

 I tend to have quite dry skin and end up mixing all manner of creams together to get the right potion to avoid those unsightly ashy knuckles, elbows and feet.

A really effective  moisturiser is Shea butter and I've found a great product that is 95% pure Shea butter.


Shea butter creams can be found in loads of shops but most products only have, at best, 20% of the natural stuff. They’re mostly mixed with water and other stuff to make them last longer.


Sheacolive (www.sheacolive.com) products have Shea butter, Cocoa butter, coconut and olive oils as well as a variety essential oils (that suppress that Shea butter smell, because the natural stuff smells, well…., let’s just say strong!).  


Sheacolive products can be used on the skin and scalp and are soft enough to use straight from the tub.

They a are made in the UK but the main ingredients (Shea and Cocoa butter) are imported from Ghana. 

I love these products; they leave my skin feeling soft, supple and ‘fully loaded’ 
 and I know I'm paying for the real stuff which makes me also tingle all over! 
So come on winter, blow and freeze your worst! Me and my skin are ready.....

Have a look at their website to find out more about the company and their products.They come highly recommended, by me at least.

A range of their products
My favourite at the moment, body butter with Orange oil, lovely!



No comments:

Post a Comment