Friday 2 September 2011

Intelligence - Nature or Nuture

A couple of artcles have caught my attention over the last week or so.

They both  focused on the achievements of young children and their perfomances in higher level exams.

I personally know the family of one of them and know for sure that the boy in question is a balanced child i.e he doesnt spend ALL his time 'reading his book'!!

As with many who read these stories, I started questioning myself:
" why aren't my kids as clever as them?"
"Am I the one holding my kids back by not insisting that they prepare for higher exams when they are much younger"?!

And it got me thinking....Are some kids are just destined to be brainier than others? Or does the environment one is brought up in make all the difference?


Join me on Thinking Aloud with Ayo today ( and every Friday) http://www.nigerianwebradio.com/ at 17:00GMT /1100ET (repeated  every Saturday 11:00GMT)
Let me know what you think.....

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23981546-a-level-boy-10-is-off-to-eton.do#.TliuTC0ZpOQ.facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment